Become a Puente Student
Puente Project students...
- are taught by Puente-trained teachers and counselors.
- take a rigorous two-course English class sequence with a focus on Latinx/Chicanx and multicultural authors. Students must be eligible to take English 100 or English 100S.
- take personal development classes focused on college success, transfer preparation, and self-exploration.
- work closely with their Puente counselors to prepare an academic plan, focus on academic and professional goals, and transfer to a four-year university.
- receive mentoring from former students and members of the professional community.
- participate in activities such as educational and cultural field trips that are designed to engage students in an exciting learning community that creates a foundation of support for student success.
- attend the regional Puente Motivational Conference with Puente students from all over Northern California.
Students are admitted to the program on a first-come, first-served basis. To be eligible, students must be eligible to take English 100 or English 100S and attend a Puente orientation. Puente is open to all interested students.