Moving to mail.4cd.edu (formerly Outlook.com) e-mail
Things that you need to know:
- During the migration, your InSite/WebAdvisor password will be reset to temporary password of Welcome2lmc#### where #### is the last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
- You will still use your @losmedanos.edu e-mail address for sending and receiving e-mail.
- Your InSite/WebAdvisor username and password will be linked to your Outlook.com e-mail.
- You should change your password using InSite or WebAdvisor.
- Changing your password for one will change it for all.
- To access your e-mail using a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.), you will need to:
- Go to http://mail.4cd.edu
- Enter your InSite/WebAdvisor username plus @email.4cd.edu (for example: email@example.com)
- Use your InSite/WebAdvisor password.
Smart phone settings
Account type: Exchange E-mail
Address: your mail.4cd.edu e-mail address (similar to firstname.lastname@example.org, see above)
User name: your mail.4cd.edu e-mail address (similar to email@example.com)
Password: your InSite/WebAdvisor password
Here’s a snapshot of the process:
- You will be informed of the date that your e-mail will be migrated either by e-mail or by a letter in your campus mailbox or both – your "appointment."
- On the day of your "appointment," your mailbox on LMC's server will be moved to Outlook.com by District IT staff.
- The actual time that the migration process is started and completed will vary depending on District IT staff workload on that day.
- You will not have access to InSite, WebAdvisor, or your e-mail during the migration process.
- After the migration, you'll need to logon to InSite with your temporary password (see above) and change your password for InSite/WebAdvisor/e-mail. The usual password complexity requirements apply and your password will be linked for all three systems.
- After resetting your password, please logon to http://mail.4cd.edu to confirm that you are receiving e-mail.
If you have any questions or problems during the migration, please call the District HelpDesk at (925) 229-6888.