Benefits of articulation for high schools:
- Students will be more motivated since they see the relevance of the articulated course in the career pathway from school to college to work.
- Faculty and counselors are better able to help students make good career choices.
- Students get college credit for a high school course that is successfully completed by “credit-by-examination” when they earn a grade of “A” or “B”.
- Students have more elective choices by taking a college course in high school.
- Students are better prepared for college since they are already taking a college level course in high school.
- High school faculty collaborate with college faculty to sequence curriculum to build a pipeline from school to college to work.
- High school faculty develop a network with industry and business in the career pathway.
- High school faculty collaborate with the college faculty on advisory boards.
- Articulation and career pathways facilitate the transition of students from school to college and improves high school graduation rates.
- High school faculty and counselors develop a network for field trips to the college and to industry/business.