Each student will create an education plan, which is a list of classes needed each semester to reach his or her goals. It is strongly recommended that new students attend an Education Plan Workshop, where a counselor will provide important college information and assist with course selection and planning. If you are attending college for personal enrichment or taking a few classes to improve job skills, the Workshop and education plan are not mandatory, but are required to receive priority registration.
Education Plan Workshops are conducted by counselors who will:
- provide you with important information you will need to know as a college student
- assist you in creating your education plan
- show you how to register for classes directly from your education plan.
Education Plan Workshop Schedule
Pittsburg Campus Workshops
|Wednesday, June 6||9:00 am-noon||SS3-314|
|Wednesday, June 13||9:00 am-12:00 noon||SS3-314|
|Tuesday, June 19||4:00 pm-7:00 pm||SS3-314|
|Wednesday, June 27||9:00 am-12:00 noon||SS3-314|
|Monday, July 9||10:00 am-1:00 pm||SS3-314|
|Tuesday, July 17||9:00 am-12:00 noon||SS3-314|
|Thursday, July 19||9:00 am-12:00 noon||SS3-314|
|Tuesday, July 24||4:00 pm-7:00 pm||SS3-314|
|Thursday, July 26||9:00 am-12:00 noon||SS3-314|
|Wednesday, August 8||4:00 pm-7:00 pm||SS3-314|
|Tuesday, August 14||2:00 pm-5:00 pm||SS3-314|
|Thursday, August 16||4:00 pm-7:00 pm||SS3-314|
|Monday, August 20||2:00 pm-5:00 pm||SS3-314|
|Wednesday, August 22||3:00 pm-6:00 pm||SS3-314|
|Friday, August 24||1:00 pm-4:00 pm||SS3-314|
Brentwood Center Workshops
|Thursday, June 7||9:00 am-12:00 noon||BRT 9|
|Tuesday, June 12||4:00 pm-7:00 pm||BRT 9|
|Tuesday, June 26||4:00 pm-7:00 pm||BRT 9|
|Tuesday, July 10||10:00 am-1:00 pm||BRT 9|
|Wednesday, July 18||4:00 pm-7:00 pm||BRT 9|
|Wednesday, July 25||9:00 am-12:00 noon||BRT 9|
|Thursday, August 9||4:00 pm-7:00 pm||BRT 9|
|Tuesday, August 14||9:00 am-12:00 noon||BRT 9|
|Wednesday, August 15||4:00 pm-7:00 pm||BRT 9|
|Tuesday, August 21||4:00 pm-7:00 pm||BRT 9|
|Thursday, August 23||4:00 pm-7:00 pm||BRT 9|
- Orientation Class: Enroll in COUNS-031, a 1 unit class taught by a counselor, for the best and most complete orientation which includes creation of an education plan.
- Create on your own (not recommended): Create your own plan without the assistance of a counselor, using the online Student Planning tool.
- Revise an existing plan when returning to LMC: Make an appointment with a counselor so that, together, you can verify your plan and/or make any needed changes.
To access all enrollment steps