The Academic Senate is the voice of the faculty on the "10 + 1" Academic and Professional matters:
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites.
- Degree and certificate requirements.
- Grading policies.
- Educational program development.
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
- College governance structures, as related to faculty roles.
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes.
- Policies for faculty professional development activities.
- Processes for program review.
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon.
Also, the Academic Senate
- has a voice in developing hiring criteria;
- is consulted by the faculty union before negotiations regarding evaluation procedures;
- appoints faculty members to serve on college committees.
See the full list of the Academic Senate's responsibilities.
2015 Fall Semester
Academic Senate Meeting Schedule
All Meetings are held from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Library L109 (unless otherwise indicated)
- August 24, 2015
- September 14, 2015
- September 28, 2015
- October 12, 2015
- October 26, 2015
- November 16, 2015
- December 7, 2015
Academic Senate Bylaws and Academic Senate Constitution