Assisting students in receiving a college education
Please Note: If the Admissions and Records Office determines you have AB540 status, this status does not grant residency, it simply exempts you from paying non-resident fees. This exemption will not allow you eligibility for a Board of Governor's Fee Waiver (BOGFW).
There are three ways to apply for a Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGFW):
1. Download and print the paper application:
2. Apply online BOGFW Application:
3. Apply in person at the LMC Office of Financial Aid
To be considered eligible for a Board of Governor's Fee Waiver (BOGFW), you must be determined a California resident by the Admissions and Records Office AND qualify for one of the following methods:
1. Method A
- You must be a recipient of TANF, CalWORKS, SSI/SSP or General Assistance, or
- Be a dependent of a recipient of TANF, CalWorks, SSI/SSP, or General Assistance
Please Note: Current proof (dated within the last 30 days showing you have received any of the above mentioned benefits within the last 30 days from the date you submit the BOGFW application) must be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid.
2. Method B
- You or your parent(s) (if you are a dependent student) must meet the income guidelines set by the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office. (2014-2015 BOGFW-B Income Standards )
3. Method C
- If you are not eligible for a fee waiver based on Method A or B, you may still be eligible through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
4. Special Classifications
- Veterans dependent fee waiver (Submit certification from the CA Department of Veterans Affairs)
- National Guard dependent fee waiver (Submit certification from the National Guard Adjutant General)
- Child of a Congressional Medal of Honor (Submit certification from the Department of Veterans Affairs)
- Dependent of a victim of September 11, 2001 (Submit documentation from the CA Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board)
- Dependent of a deceased law enforcement /fire suppression personnel killed in the line of duty (Submit documentation from the public agency employer of record)
2013 Income 1 $17,235 2 $23,265 3 $29,295 4 $35,325 5 $41,355 6 $47,385 7 $53,415 8 $59,445 Each Additional Family Member Add $6,030
Please visit the California Dream Act page for more information.