The Career Center is sponsoring a series of four Career Enhancement Workshops on Fridays from February 21 through March 14 from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. in Room CC3-361. The focus of the series will be on career development, exploration and preparation.
Topics to be covered are:
||Career Development & Work Ethics
||Resumes, Cover Letters and Interviewing Techniques
The Career Center is located in CC2-224
(925) 439-2181, ext. 3110
Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
LMC Career Center staff is available to assist current students and alumni free of charge. We offer assistance in all areas of career development, from career decision-making, to resume writing and interview coaching, to building competitive job search skills.
Online Career and Job Search Tools
Click here to begin using EUREKA, an online tool where you can take career-focused self-assessments, and research careers, majors and schools. Already have a EUREKA account? Go directly to the EUREKA home page and sign in.
- Resume Companion for LMC (recommended): Create your own account (free to students with an Insite email account), choose from many resume designs, and get pre-written job descriptions created by resume professionals. You can save multiple versions and export to email, PDF or Word. Also provides cover letter templates.
- EMSI Career Coach Resume Builder: This quick, easy, and basic resume builder assists you to create an effective and professional resume by providing pre-written job descriptions, and a basic step-by-step template. Must export to Word.
Resumes Templates and Cover Letter Instructions
If you don't want to use the Resume Builder, you can download the Resume Writing Packet and use one of the templates below.
- O*NET: Occupational Information Network The O*NET system serves as the nation's primary source of occupational
information, providing comprehensive information on key attributes and
characteristics of workers and occupations. The O*NET database houses
this data and provides easy access to that information.
- California Career Zone Explore your interests, skills and workplace values. Research "job
families" and occupations. Find colleges based on majors and discover
how much your education will cost. If you create a free account, you can
save your results and also create resumes and more.
- California Career Cafe A virtual career center for California Community College Students. Get help choosing a pathway, getting experience, getting advice and finding a job.
- What Can I Do With This Major? This College Majors Database presents detailed profiles on the nearly 1,200 different degrees and
majors offered by U.S. colleges. This one-of-a-kind database allows
you to search, browse and explore virtually every major or degree offered in America.
Click here and select "Career and Major Exploration" for links to more websites.
Campus Job Board
College Central Network Services Current LMC students and alumni may create an account and search campus and off-site job openings. Students and employers must create an account and get approval from the Employment Center.