California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids
CalWORKs New Student Checklist
- Complete and submit the LMC application online: www.losmedanos.edu click on “Apply online now”
- Submit transcripts from other colleges and universities to Admissions (high school as well if coursework will satisfy prerequisites) for evaluation.
- Take the assessment tests for English and Math. To schedule an appointment visit: www.losmedanos.edu/assessment
- Complete FAFSA (Freel Application for Federal Student Aid) application online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Schedule an orientation for the LMC CalWORKs Program or by calling (925)439-2181 ext. 3138
- Complete and submit an application for the CalWORKs programs
- Call 925-439-2181 x3334 to schedule an appointment with the LMC counselor to develop an Educational Plan.
- Register for classes online or by phone
- You must submit the following items to your worker:
CalWORKs / CARE Application
Grades from previous semester (only for continuing students)
- Once vouchers are signed, take book voucher and supply voucher to the LMC CalWORKs office for additional signature
If you have any questions, please call (925)439-2181 x3154.