California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids
CalWORKs New Student Checklist
- Complete and submit the LMC application online: How to apply to LMC
- Submit transcripts from other colleges and universities to Admissions (some high school courses may also satisfy prerequisites) for evaluation.
- Take the assessment tests for English and Math. To schedule an appointment visit: Assessment Center Testing
- Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application online: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Schedule an orientation for the LMC CalWORKs Program
- Complete and submit an application for the LMC CalWORKs program
- Shedule an appointment with an LMC counselor to develop an Educational Plan: Counseling Appointments
- Register for classes online, by phone, or in person
- You must submit the following items to your County Worker:
CalWORKs / CARE Application
Book Voucher, Supply Voucher, and Parking Permit Voucher
Grades from previous semester (only for continuing students)
- Once your vouchers are signed, bring them to our LMC CalWORKs office for additional signature, prior to use in the LMC Bookstore
If you have any questions, please call (925)439-2181 x3154.