Helping dreams to come true
Scholarship Application Tips
Every year, scholarship providers skip over applications if they are not complete. To assure the application you submit will be considered follow these simple rules courtesy of fastweb.com:
- Apply only if you qualify. Sounds simple, but every year students waste their time applying for awards they are not eligible to win. If you do not meet all of the requirements, skip that application.
- Keep your application neat. Take time to type or word process your application. Proofread your application for misspelled words or grammar mistakes.
- Answer all the questions. Double-check that you have not left anything blank. Write "N/A" if the question does not apply to you.
- Include all the required documents. Don't blow your chances of potentially winning a scholarship by not including ALL the required documents. Some important docs are frequently forgotten include: transcripts, letter(s) of recommendation, the essay/personal statement.
- Watch out for deadlines. Impose your own deadline that is at least two weeks before the "official" one so that your application can arrive in plenty of time.
Information obtained from FastWeb! Student Bulletin, Volume 2 College Edition.