providing quality education and instruction
Welcome to the LMC nursing departmenT
of the LMC Nursing Department:
- to provide quality education and individualized
instruction to maximize each students potential.
- foster a commitment to the profession of nursing
when LMC opened its doors, the Nursing Program and its Graduates have
been highly regarded in the health care community.
Spring 2015 LVN Program Random Selection Dates
- On Monday November 17, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. the list of Spring 2015 Qualified LVN Program Applicants to be placed in the Random Selection, will be posted online only on the Vocational Nursing webpage.
- On Thursday November 20, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. the list of Spring 2015 Accepted LVN Program Applicants will be posted online only on the Vocational Nursing webpage.
2015 RN Program Applications
- The application period for the Fall 2015 RN Program begins January 5, 2015. The 2015 Registered Nursing Applicant Handbook is now posted on the Nursing Applicant Handbook webpage. All applicants must read and understand the 2015 Nursing Applicant Handbook when submitting an application to the LMC Registered Nursing Program.
- All Registered Nursing Program applicants should be prepared to take the ATI TEAS Test Version V at Los Medanos College between May and June of 2015.
Steps to Prepare for Applying to an LMC Nursing Program
Review the information on this web site in relation to the program that you are interested in OR purchase a Nursing Applicant Handbook in the LMC Bookstore.
Register for the Nursing Career Seminar - RNURS 1 — It is an advisory course not mandatory. This one-day class will provide you with information about nursing in general and the LMC Nursing Programs. You will also have an opportunity to meet students presently in the programs.
After reading this web site or the Applicant Handbook, make an appointment with an LMC counselor at (925) 473-7449 for assistance in selecting courses.
two Nursing Programs: The Vocational Nursing Program and the Registered
Nursing Program, which includes an LVN to RN option.
offer an integrated curriculum, which prepares the graduates for the challenges
in todays nursing.
completing the Registered Nursing Program will receive an Associate
In Science Degree in Nursing and qualify to take the State Board Examination
(NCLEX-RN)* for Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Program requires two academic years beyond completion of the prerequisite
LVN to RN Program requires successful completion of prerequisites
and the third and fourth semesters of the RN Program.
completing the Vocational Nursing Program will receive a Certificate
and qualify to take the State Board Examination (NCLEX-PN)** for licensure
as a vocational nurse (LVN). The Vocational Nursing Program requires three
*The Registered Nursing Program is designed to provide the education necessary for licensure eligibility and practice as a Registered Nurse (RN). You can view the Board of Registered Nursing NCLEX Pass Rates for Los Medanos College at: http://www.rn.ca.gov/schools/passrates.shtml
**The Vocational Nursing program is designed to provide the education necessary for licensure eligibility and practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN). You can view the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians NCLEX/PN Pass Rates for Los Medanos College at: http://www.bvnpt.ca.gov/education/vn_stats.shtml
The Los Medanos College Registered Nursing ADN Program is accredited through the State of California Board of Registered Nursing.
The Los Medanos College Vocational Nursing Program is accredited through the State of California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians.