Certificate of Achievement in Early Childhood Education
A student can earn a Certificate of Achievement in Early Childhood Education by taking the following 8 required courses.
- CHDEV 1: Principles & Practices of Teaching Young Children 3 units
- CHDEV 10: Child Growth & Development 3 units
- CHDEV 20: Child, Family & Community 3 units
- CHDEV 62: Introduction to Curriculum 3 units
- CHDEV 50: Teaching in a Diverse Society 3 units
- CHDEV 11: Observation & Assessment 3 units
- CHDEV 65: Health, Safety & Nutrition in Early Childhood Programs 3 units
- *CHDEV 83: Field Experience in an Early Childhood Program 3 units
NOTE-Required if you haven't met the experience requirement of 6 months of working in a licensed early childhood education program.
- CHDEV 90: Student Teaching Practicum in Early Childhood 4 units.
For greater career advancement a student can obtain a transferrable degree following a recommended course path to an AS-T.
A student can earn a certificate with specific skills by taking the required courses below for the specialization.