The job outlook for appliance technicians is very good, especially for those with the right training. There is a serious shortage of skilled appliance service technicians. Reasons for this shortage include:
- The retirement of older workers;
- A growing population with appliance needs;
- Energy efficient appliances replacing older models.
- More complex appliances requiring skilled technicians.
- Economic growth fueling a demand for good techs.
Past LMC graduates work for repair companies, appliance manufacturers and retailers. Many have advanced to management positions or have moved into sales and marketing. Employers who have hired LMC graduates in the past include: