Extended Opportunity Programs & Services (EOPS)
encouraging enrollment and retention
Before Submitting an EOPS Application -- available ONLINE ONLY starting 5/20/13
- Submit a BOG fee waiver – Go to LMC Financial Aid Office or online through WebAdvisor
- Schedule and complete the English and Math assessment. (Schedule appointments online at www.losmedanos.edu/assessment)
- Submit transcripts from all colleges attended
- Register for 12 units (no waitlist) or secure an EOPS or Disable Student Program Services (DSPS) unit waiver
- Activate your Insite.4cd.edu email account – required for all EOPS communication
- Checkout EOPS timeline for submitting application (to be updated 5/20/13)
EOPS Student Advocates (ESAs)
Under the supervision of the Chair of the EOPS Advisory Board, EOPS Student Advocates (ESAs) are selected through an application process to serve on a volunteer basis for a period (1) semester, which may be extended with mutual agreement for one (1) additional semester. ESAs work in direct collaboration with both the EOPS and CARE staff, as well as the EOPS-CARE Advisory Board to assist in the areas of policy development, strategic planning, service delivery systems, new initiatives, and recruitment/marking.
After Submitting EOPS Application
- Incomplete applications will be returned to student at the time of submission - without exception
- Incomplete applications submitted by mail, fax, or otherwise will be discarded, applicants will be notified and required to reapply by application deadline.
- EOPS will only email admission decisions to Insite.4cd.edu email addresses.
- Admissions is limited with priority given to EOPS students who continue their enrollment from the previous semester, and as mandated by EOPS Implementation Guidelines specifically -- Article 2, Section 56280.
Before Submitting an Appeal for Readmission
- Meet with a CARE or EOPS staff person to review status
- Obtain all written documentation needed to support claim
- Self-reflect to determine if the capacity to honor all program requirements exists
- Check appeal form for thoroughness