Mission & Student learning outcomes
The Office of Student Life provides leadership opportunities that support students in becoming agents of positive social change and responsible members of a diverse and global society.
As a result of the student's experience with this service,
the following outcomes will be achieved:
Students who are Student Ambassadors will:
- Develop their leadership skills through a variety of activities and events on campus.
- Become agents of social change through their involvement on campus and local communities.
Students who participate in LMCAS (student government) will:
- Be able to effectively use the LMCAS Bylaws and Parliamentary procedure during senate meetings.
- Be able to actively engage in the shared governance process, through college committee involvement.
Students who participate in IMPACT (the student leadership retreat) will:
- Develop an understanding of their own leadership style and how it relates to others.
- Learn skills and strategies for being effective leaders in their programs, clubs, and organizations.