The Classified Senate of Los Medanos College is desirous and ready to participate fully in the Shared Governance of the College and the District in accordance to the College Shared Governance Model and the mandates of AB 1725. The full realization and actualization of the personal, philosophical and education goals of the Staff and the Institution require the formation of a Classified Senate as an organizational and coordinating structure. (Established December 16, 1991)
Classified Senate's purpose is to "provide the classified staff with a formal representative voice in determining the institutional policies, procedures, and regulations." Currently, the Senate through the governance structure, provides the president of the college, chancellor, and board of trustees with recommendations and views on matters affecting the conduct, welfare, and growth of the college. The Senate also promotes communication and mutual understanding among the classified staff, students, faculty, and administrators.
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Office of Instruction Patio
Noon - 12:45 pm
$10.00 per person
Combination, Chicken or Vegetarian Pizza
Purchase your lunch at the Cashier’s window. Cash or check only.
The last day to purchase a ticket will be Tuesday, August 12, 2014
The California Community Colleges Classified Senate (4CS) has awarded the Los Medanos College Classified Senate with the 2014 Model Classified Senate Award. The recognition was made at the recent 4CS Classified Leadership Institute. The Model Classified Senate Award acknowledges Classified Senate organizations that “exercise their role in shared governance with autonomy and professionalism”.
A “Model Classified Senate” is one that:
- Is a participatory governance body elected by its constituents
- Operates professionally under bylaws and/or a constitution approved by its constituency
- Has a copy of their current bylaws/constitution on file with 4CS
- Is recognized by the college administration as a governance participant
- Has an up to date website
- Encourages a cooperative working and professional relationship with a collective bargaining agent (if one exists) and considers input or concerns of such groups
- Is organized to actively engage in the shared governance process
- Communicates routinely with 4CS
The results of the Classified Senate Council Officers are as follows:
- Classified Senate President: Linda Kohler
- Classified Senate Vice President: Demetria Lawrence
- Classified Senate Council Members (Two Positions): Reggie Turner and Annica Soto. A one year replacement for Demetria's council seat will be determined in September.
Congratulations to each of the new and returning officers and thank you to Keith Parsons, Sandi Schmidt and Grace Villegas for your service, we appreciate all that you have contributed to our Senate.
The results of last week’s election to amend the Classified Senate Constitution are in. 48 of 105 total LMC classified staff submitted ballots. Of the 48 ballots, one was invalid because it was submitted without an envelope and therefore the voter could not be identified as a qualified voter.
The amendments passed as follows:
- 96% Yes (45 of 47 valid ballots)
- 4% No (2 of 47 valid ballots)
Classified Senate Meeting Schedule
*All Meetings are held from 3:05 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. in Room CO 420
Click the events tab to the left to see events!