Microsoft Office 365 is available to all 4CD staff and currently enrolled students. Besides email, this includes access to OneDrive and the latest versions of Office ProPlus and the Office Online Suite. Use the resources below to learn more about the multitude of features in Office 365.
Outlook is Microsoft's feature-rich email and calendar app, optimized for PCs, laptops, and available on iOS or Android devices. Browse through the tutorials below to learn how to use Outlook effectively.
Getting Started with Outlook
Outlook 2013 Desktop App (Windows)
- Lynda.com - Outlook 2013 Essential Training: Learn how to navigate your inbox, calendar, and contacts.
- Lynda.com - Outlook 2013 Power Shortcuts: Review the top 10 power shortcuts to make yourself an efficient Outlook user.
- Office Support - Outlook 2013 videos and tutorials
- Webinar: Eight great timesavers in Outlook
Outlook Web App (OWA)
- Getting started in Outlook Web App
- Webinar: Using the Outlook Web App (15 min.)
- Lynda.com - Outlook on the web Essential Training
Set up email in outlook for iOs and android
- Microsoft Support tutorial - Configure the Outlook app for iOS and Android. Note: Use your Insite username with @email.4cd.edu (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and your InSite password to set up your email account with the Outlook mobile app.
- iOS - Set up your email in the iPhone or iPad Mail app
Common tasks in Outlook and Email Best Practices
OneDrive for Business is an online document storage and sharing tool that faculty and staff can access through onedrive.com, the Office 365 Outlook Web App (OWA) at mail.4cd.edu, or through desktop and mobile applications.
Features of OneDrive for Business
- Storage limit of 1TB.
- Upload files up to 10GB in size.
- Edit your documents online using Microsoft's Office Online software.
- Share files with people inside or outside of the 4CD community.
Use the following documentation and video tutorials from Microsoft, lynda.com, and LMC IT to learn how to navigate and use OneDrive for Business effectively.
For lynda.com access, first create a Prolearning Network account (free to all California Community College employees) using your LMC email address.
help pages and learning guides
- Setting up the OneDrive for Business sync client on your PC: Learn how to access your OneDrive for Business library and connect and sync files from your OneDrive for Business library to your computer.
- OneDrive for Business Sync Client Quick Guide: Info on limits to syncing content, troubleshooting, and checking the status of your synced files.
- Store, share, and sync files in OneDrive for Business
- Learn where to store, share, and sync your files
- Store Documents in OneDrive for Business
- Find documents
- Follow documents to make then easy to find later
- See a list of documents you’ve recently opened
- See documents people have shared with you
- See alerts on documents to track changes
- Office Support - OneDrive sync client on Mac OS X (version 10.9 and above)
- What is OneDrive for Business? (2m 08s)
- Upload files and folders in OneDrive for Business (1m 15s)
- Create files and folders in OneDrive for Business (1m 33s)
- Share files and folders in OneDrive for Business (2m 03s)
- Lynda.com - OneDrive for Business Essential Training: Learn how to navigate the OneDrive interface, sync your OneDrive library to your PC, and use OneDrive with Microsoft Office.
Microsoft Office ProPlus is a full version of Office that is available to download, for free, on up to five different devices.
Microsoft Support tutorial - Download and install or reinstall Office 365 (ProPlus) on your PC or Mac: Includes basic install steps and detailed install steps for PC and Mac. Use your InSite username + @email.4cd.edu (e.g. email@example.com) and InSite password to access www.office.com/signin.
Office 365 Online
Office 365 includes access to Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, and Access) that are enabled over the Intnernet.