Follow these simple steps to get college credit for your high school course:
- Talk to your teacher or high school counselor to find out if your high school course is articulated with LMC and if you can get college credit for it.
- Complete an LMC College application. Your teacher or counselor can help you with this.
- Take the high school course articulated with the LMC course.
- Successfully complete the high school course and pass the college final exam with a grade of “A” or “B”.
- Some articulation agreements require you to complete 1 or 2 LMC courses in the career pathway before you receive credit on your LMC transcript for your high school course. If so, complete the required LMC course/s before you request credit.
- Submit the following to the Los Medanos College Admissions Office to receive “Credit by Examination” on your LMC transcript:
- Copy of the Articulation Agreement and a completed and signed request for credit form notifying the LMC Admissions Office that you have successfully completed the high school course articulated with the LMC course. (Click here to choose the articulation agreement and the rerquest for credit form for your program.)
- Your official high school transcript showing successful completion of the high school articulated course. Please note that the definition of "successful completion" varies by agreement.
- Once the high school course is given credit on your LMC transcript, the high school units will apply towards your college certificate/degree.
Note: It is important that you submit your request for college credit within 5 years of successfully completing the articulated high school course in order to receive LMC college credit.