Benefits of articulation for college:
- Incoming high school students are motivated and are better prepared for college-level courses.
- Students are ready to go beyond the introductory courses, so retention and completion of courses/programs should improve.
- Career Pathways help to build the pipeline from school to college to work.
- Collaboration with high school faculty will help in recruiting good students into the college program to build the pipeline since they are more aware of the college program and career pathways.
- College faculty collaborate with industry/business for input on the curriculum, and for support to place students in internships and employment thus completing the pipeline.
- College faculty collaborate on advisory boards with the high school faculty and industry.
- College programs benefit in terms of higher enrollments, better retention, better completion and better job placement.