Alternatives to Taking the Placement Tests
High school transcripts
- Math: If you have completed Algebra I in high school and received a "C-" or better (every report period), you may submit transcripts to the Admissions Office to determine your eligibility for a higher level math class at LMC.
College or university transcripts
- Math: If you have taken a math class at another college or university and received a "C" or better, you may qualify for a higher level math class. Submit your transcripts to the Admissions Office for evaluation.
- English: If you have taken an English class at another college or university and received a "C" or better, you may qualify for a higher level English class. Submit your transcripts to the Admissions Office for evaluation.
- If you have already received a bachelor's degree from a college or university, submit your transcripts to the Admissions Office for evaluation.
Advanced Placement (AP) Tests
Math: If you took the AP Calculus AB or BC exam, you may submit your test scores to the Admissions Office for evaluation to determine your math placement at LMC.
English: If you took the AP English Language & Composition and/or the AP English Literature & Composition, you may submit your test scores to the Admissions Office for evaluation to determine your English placement at LMC.
Outside assessment and placement
- Results from other colleges can be sent to the Assessment Center in place of our math and English assessments. Results should include your score and what you were placed into (i.e. English 1A). Results should not be more than three years old. Please include your LMC student ID# when submitting scores.
- CAASPP(California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress) English scores allow you to place into English 100 if it states "Standard Exceeded" or your results state "Standard Met" and you have taken an ERWC course or AP English course in the 12 grade with a C or better. Please bring a copy of your test results and transcript to the Assessment Center. The math CAASPP score is not accepted.
- ELM (CSU Math Placement) and EPT (CSU English Placement) scores may be submitted to the Assessment Center for evaluation.
How to send your assessment scores from another college or university:
IMPORTANT: Be sure to include your name, phone number and LMC Student ID number with your test results.
- Fax your test results to (925) 427-1599, Attention: Assessment Center
- E-mail your test results to email@example.com.
Petition to retake placement tests within one-year policy
Please check with your English professor, math professor or academic counselor for a referral; or contact Nicole Almassey at firstname.lastname@example.org.