Get started on the path to success!
Alternatives to taking the assessment tests
High school transcripts
- Math: If you have taken Algebra II in high school and received a "C" or better (every report period), you may submit transcripts to the admissions office and place directly into Math 32, 34, or 37.
- English: If you have taken AP English in high school and got a 3, 4, or 5 on the exam, you may submit transcripts and place directly into English 100.
College or university transcripts
- Math: If you have taken a math class at another college or university and received a "C" or better, you may qualify for a higher-level English class. Submit your transcripts to the Admissions Office for evaluation.
- English: If you have taken an English class at another college or university and received a "C" or better, you may qualify for a higher level English class. Submit your transcripts to the Admissions Office for evaluation.
- If you have already received a bachelor's degree from a college or university, submit your transcripts to the Admissions Office for evaluation.
Outside assessment and placement
- Results from other colleges, including the CSU placement, can be sent to us in place of our math and English assessments. Results should include your score and what you were placed into (i.e. English 1A).
- EAP (Early Assessment administered by STAR) English scores allow you to place into English 100 if they say "Ready for CSU or CCC English" (the math score is not accepted).
- ELM (CSU Math Placement) and EPT (CSU English Placement) scores are accepted.
How to send your assessment scores from another college or university
IMPORTANT: Be sure to include your name, phone number and LMC Student ID number with your test results.
- Fax your test results to (925) 427-1599, Attention: Assessment Center
- Mail your test results to Los Medanos College Assessment Center, 2700 E. Leland Road, Pittsburg CA 94565
Petition to retake assessment tests within one-year policy
Please check with your English professor, math professor or academic counselor for a referral; or contact Jorge Cea at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pittsburg Assessment Center: (925) 473-7431
Brentwood Campus: (925) 513-1625