Get started on the path to success!
High School Transcripts
- Math: If you have taken Algebra II in high school and received a "C" or better (every report period), you may submit transcripts to the admissions office and place directly into Math 32, 34, or 37.
- English: If you have taken AP English in high school and got a 3, 4, or 5 on the exam, you may submit transcripts and place directly into English 100.
Outside Assessment and Placement
- Results from other colleges, including the CSU placement, can be sent to us in place of our math and English assessments. Results should include your score and what you were placed into (i.e. English 1A).
- EAP (Early Assessment administered by STAR) English scores allow you to place into English 100 if they say
- "Ready for CSU or CCC English" (the math score is not accepted).
- ELM (CSU Math Placement) and EPT (CSU English Placement) scores are accepted.
How to send your assessment scores from another college or university
IMPORTANT: Be sure to include your name, phone number and LMC Student ID number with your test results.
- Fax your test results to (925) 427-1599, Attention: Assessment Center
- Mail your test results to Los Medanos College Assessment Center, 2700 E. Leland Road, Pittsburg CA 94565
- If you have already taken math and English classes in college and received a "C" or better, submit your transcripts to the Admissions Office.
- If you already have an associate or bacholor's degree, submit your transcripts to the admissions office.
- If you will be taking less than 6 units and will not be taking English or math, you do not need an assessment
Who needs to take the ESL assessments?
All new students who do not speak English as their first language and would like to take ESL classes at LMC to reach personal, vocational, and/or work goals should take the ESL assessment.
Pittsburg Assessment Center: (925) 439-2181, ext. 3252
Brentwood Campus: (925) 513-1625