Get started on the path to success!
Alternatives to taking the assessment tests
High school transcripts
- Math: If you have completed Algebra I in high school and received a "C-" or better (every report period), you may submit transcripts to the Admissions Office to determine your eligibility for a higher level math class at LMC.
College or university transcripts
- Math: If you have taken a math class at another college or university and received a "C" or better, you may qualify for a higher level English class. Submit your transcripts to the Admissions Office for evaluation.
- English: If you have taken an English class at another college or university and received a "C" or better, you may qualify for a higher level English class. Submit your transcripts to the Admissions Office for evaluation.
- If you have already received a bachelor's degree from a college or university, submit your transcripts to the Admissions Office for evaluation.
Advanced Placement (AP) Tests
Math: If you took the AP Calculus AB or BC exam, you may submit your test scores to the Admissions Office for evaluation to determine your math placement at LMC.
English: If you took the AP English Language & Composition and/or the AP English Literature & Composition, you may submit your test scores to the Admissions Office for evaluation to determine your English placement at LMC.
Outside assessment and placement
- Results from other colleges can be sent to the Assessment Center in place of our math and English assessments. Results should include your score and what you were placed into (i.e. English 1A).
- EAP (Early Assessment Program) English scores allow you to place into English 100 if it states "Ready for CSU". Please bring a copy of your test results to the Assessment Center. The math EAP score is not accepted.
- ELM (CSU Math Placement) and EPT (CSU English Placement) scores may be submitted to the Assessment Center for evaluation.
How to send your assessment scores from another college or university-
IMPORTANT: Be sure to include your name, phone number and LMC Student ID number with your test results.
- Fax your test results to (925) 427-1599, Attention: Assessment Center
- Mail your test results to Los Medanos College Assessment Center, 2700 E. Leland Road, Pittsburg CA 94565
Petition to retake assessment tests within one-year policy
Please check with your English professor, math professor or academic counselor for a referral; or contact Nicole Almassey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pittsburg Assessment Center: (925) 473-7431
Brentwood Campus: (925) 513-1625