What's Different about College
- Students are here because they want to be - LMC is a happy & dynamic place
- There's more freedom of choice - you choose your classes and schedule
- Although it costs money to attend college - it's an investment in your future
- Classes are academically challenging - and more rewarding
- While there are many support services provided - you have to seek them out
- Satisfactory progress in your classes is required - or academic probation and dismissal can result
- There are high standards and expectations for student conduct - the college is a respectful adult environment
- More responsibility - you are responsible for managing your time, going to class, knowing important dates and deadlines, communicating with your instructors, and knowing about the Student Code of Conduct and Student Rights & Responsibilities
Click here for Important Dates, such as when to enroll, when the semester starts, deadlines for adding &dropping classes, when to pay fees, when refunds are available, and holidays.
Student Rights & Responsibilities on pages 22-26 in the college catalog, includes topics such as freedom, waivers, appeals, discipline, and policies.
The Student Code of Conduct is a statement of the Contra Costa Community College District’s expectations regarding student standards of conduct, both academic and non-academic.