- Using Carnegie for the first time?
Here is a "how to" guide:
- Click on the Carnegie Link below to launch the website:
- Click on Launch Software as a Student
- Enter School ID: LMC
- Click on Click to Launch Cognitive Tutor
(Wait as server checks to see if the program is already on your hard-drive)
- Click on Run when the "Warning – Security" window pops-up
- Enter your first and last name, as it appears on your class schedule, into the
"User Name" box. Example: type in: John Jones.
Multi-part names: Carnegie will only accept a space between the first and last names so for example: Cara De Leon must be entered as Cara DeLeon. Ann Marie Carpenter must be entered as AnnMarie Carpenter.
Prior Carnegie Users: If your prior Carnegie class shows up, add 25 to the end of your name with no space. For example I would enter Ryan Pedersen25 rather than Ryan Pedersen.
Congradulations! You now may begin working on your assignments. When you are finished with your work and want to log-out of the program, go to “File” and pull-down “Quit.” This will same and record your information on the server.
- Can't log-in because of an incorrect version of Java?
Call the Carnegie Learning Help Desk at (888) 851-7094 Ext 3 M-F 5am - 6pm